I have stayed in this hotel for 2 days and my experience here is far better than the hotels we have among all crowded hill stations. All the market areas are at walking distance from the Hotel. …
Thimphu is the capital and largest city of Bhutan. It is situated in the western central part of Bhutan, and the surrounding valley is one of Bhutan's dzongkhags, the Thimphu District. The ancient capital city of Punakha was replaced as capital by Thimphu in 1955, and in 1961 Thimphu was declared as the capital of the Kingdom of Bhutan by the 3rd Druk Gyalpo Jigme Dorji Wangchuck.
The city extends in a north–south direction on the west bank of the valley formed by the Wang Chhu, which flows out into India as the Raidak River. Thimphu is the fifth highest capital in the world by altitude and ranges in altitude from 2,248 metres (7,375 feet) to 2,648 metres (8,688 feet). Unusually for a capital city, Thimphu does not have its own airport, instead relying on the Paro Airport (connected by road some 52 kilometres (32 miles) away).
The culture of Bhutan is fully reflected in Thimphu in literature, religion, customs, and national dress code, the monastic practices of the monasteries, music, and dance, and in the media. Tshechu is an important festival when mask dances, popularly known as Cham Dance, are performed in the courtyards of the Tashichho Dzong in Thimphu. It is a four-day festival held every year in September or October, on dates corresponding to the Bhutanese calendar.
Rooms and Suites
Room Amenities & Services
- Newspaper (English/Hindi/Regional)
- Bottled Water
- Tea/Coffee Maker in all Rooms
- LCD TV with multiple channels
- Free Car Parking
- Room Heater
- Wake up Call on request
- Room Service available
- Manager available
- Golden Spa
- Complimentary wireless net access
- Multi-cuisine Restaurant & Bar
- Luxurious bedding
- Complimentary personal care products
- Spacious in-room workspace
- Travel Desk
- Generator Back-up
- Doctor on call
- Business Centre/Desk
- Pleasure Garden/Recreational Area
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom for each unit
- The standard check-in time is 12:30 pm and the standard check-out time is 11:30 am. Early check-in or late check-out is strictly subjected to availability and may include extra charges.
- The primary guest must be at least 18 years of age to check into this hotel.
- As per Government regulations, it is mandatory for all guests above 18 years of age to carry a valid photo identity card & address proof at the time of check-in. Check-in will be denied on failure to carry the same.
- Extra bed can be accommodated with a folding cot or a mattress, subject to room size and availability.
- Local ID proof & Pan Card will not be accepted as ID proof.
Place of Interest
We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Golden Dolma. Rooms & washrooms were clean. Food is very tasty there specially vegetarian dishes. …
A must visit hotel when in Lachung. Ammmmmazinggggg view, great room and great room service. Staf 5****
Excellent place...very near to Mall road n shopping.Very clean rooms,good service n staff is very helpful and accomadative.Food was very tasty. Overall a great place to stay... Would definitely recommend this place
The hospitality and services of all the staffs of Golden Oren Hotel was very good, speciall thanks to William, Supal, Sourav Rai and entire staff of Golden Oren Hotel in Darjeeling for their polite and smiled face in all-time. They were very much helpful towards us, we had a great tour in Darjeeling and also staying in Hotel Golden Oren.
William and Supal were amazing, they were very much helpful towards us, we had a great time in Darjeeling and also staying in Hotel Golden Oren.
There food was also good and tasty, they were also keep a excitement smile on them.
We had a great day at this hotel Golden OREN ,the rooms were very clean,the view was great ,all the hotel stuffs were very helpful and well behaved... The food is good as well and we gonna book this hotel once more when we'll visit darjeeling,and specially the hotel manager Sourav Rai is so welcoming and helpful
Read More or Post A Review Here