I have stayed in this hotel for 2 days and my experience here is far better than the hotels we have among all crowded hill stations. All the market areas are at walking distance from the Hotel. …
Thimphu is the capital and largest city of Bhutan. It is situated in the western central part of Bhutan, and the surrounding valley is one of Bhutan's dzongkhags, the Thimphu District. The ancient capital city of Punakha was replaced as capital by Thimphu in 1955, and in 1961 Thimphu was declared as the capital of the Kingdom of Bhutan by the 3rd Druk Gyalpo Jigme Dorji Wangchuck.
The city extends in a north–south direction on the west bank of the valley formed by the Wang Chhu, which flows out into India as the Raidak River. Thimphu is the fifth highest capital in the world by altitude and ranges in altitude from 2,248 metres (7,375 feet) to 2,648 metres (8,688 feet). Unusually for a capital city, Thimphu does not have its own airport, instead relying on the Paro Airport (connected by road some 52 kilometres (32 miles) away).
The culture of Bhutan is fully reflected in Thimphu in literature, religion, customs, and national dress code, the monastic practices of the monasteries, music, and dance, and in the media. Tshechu is an important festival when mask dances, popularly known as Cham Dance, are performed in the courtyards of the Tashichho Dzong in Thimphu. It is a four-day festival held every year in September or October, on dates corresponding to the Bhutanese calendar.
Room Amenities & Services
- Newspaper (English/Hindi/Regional)
- Bottled Water
- Tea/Coffee Maker in all Rooms
- LCD TV with multiple channels
- Free Car Parking
- Room Heater
- Wake up Call on request
- Room Service available
- Manager available
- Golden Spa
- Complimentary wireless net access
- Multi-cuisine Restaurant & Bar
- Luxurious bedding
- Complimentary personal care products
- Spacious in-room workspace
- Travel Desk
- Generator Back-up
- Doctor on call
- Business Centre/Desk
- Pleasure Garden/Recreational Area
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom for each unit
- The standard check-in time is 12:00 PM and the standard check-out time is 10:00 AM. Early check-in or late check-out is strictly subjected to availability and may include extra charges.
- The primary guest must be at least 21 years of age to check into this hotel.
- As per Government regulation, it is mandatory for all guests above 21 years of age to carry a valid photo identity card & address proof at the time of check-in. Check-in will be denied on failure to carry the same.
- The Reservations feature of Golden Hotels & Resorts in our website is provided solely to assist customers in determining the availability of travel-related services and products and to make legitimate reservations and for no other purpose.
- You warrant that you are at least 21 years of age, possess the legal authority to enter into the legal agreement constituted by your acceptance of these Conditions and to use our website in accordance with such Conditions.
- The website contains details of hotel charges and room rates (including any available special offers and deals) for hotels and resorts owned or managed by Golden Hotels & Resorts. Hotel reservation terms and conditions of booking are set out on our website and payment will be in accordance with the procedures set out in such terms and conditions.
- You agree to be financially responsible for your use of this website including all reservations made by you or on behalf of you, whether authorized by you or not. For any reservations or other services for which fees may be charged, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions including without limitation, the payment of all dues under such terms and conditions.
- No contract will be valid between you and Golden Hotels & Resorts in respect of any services or products offered through our website until and unless Golden Hotels & Resorts accepts your order by e-mail or automated confirmation confirming that it has accepted your reservation, booking or order and any such contract shall be deemed to incorporate the hotel reservation terms and conditions of booking.
- You undertake that all details you provide to in connection with any services or products which may be offered by Golden Hotels & Resorts on this website (including hotel room reservations) will be correct and, where applicable, the debit or credit card which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of any such services or products which you wish to purchase. Golden Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to obtain validation of your credit card details before providing you with any services or products.
- According to government regulations, a valid Photo ID has to be carried by every person above the age of 18 years, staying at the hotel. It is mandatory for our guests to present a valid Photo ID at the time of check in. (Please note, Local ID and Pan Card will not be accepted as an identification proof)
- Kindly note all taxes mentioned in our package and final negotiated rates have been as per current Government regulations. Any changes in tax structure due to Government policies or changes in rules are applicable at the time of billing.
- The standard check-in time is 12:00 NOON and the standard check-out time is 10 AM. Early check-in or late check-out is strictly subjected to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Extra bed can be accommodated with a folding cot or a mattress, subject to room size & availability.
Place of Interest
We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Golden Dolma. Rooms & washrooms were clean. Food is very tasty there specially vegetarian dishes. …
A must visit hotel when in Lachung. Ammmmmazinggggg view, great room and great room service. Staf 5****
Excellent place...very near to Mall road n shopping.Very clean rooms,good service n staff is very helpful and accomadative.Food was very tasty. Overall a great place to stay... Would definitely recommend this place
The hospitality and services of all the staffs of Golden Oren Hotel was very good, speciall thanks to William, Supal, Sourav Rai and entire staff of Golden Oren Hotel in Darjeeling for their polite and smiled face in all-time. They were very much helpful towards us, we had a great tour in Darjeeling and also staying in Hotel Golden Oren.
William and Supal were amazing, they were very much helpful towards us, we had a great time in Darjeeling and also staying in Hotel Golden Oren.
There food was also good and tasty, they were also keep a excitement smile on them.
We had a great day at this hotel Golden OREN ,the rooms were very clean,the view was great ,all the hotel stuffs were very helpful and well behaved... The food is good as well and we gonna book this hotel once more when we'll visit darjeeling,and specially the hotel manager Sourav Rai is so welcoming and helpful
Best hospitality and awesome food..co operative staff at all lelevs …captain anil in food service was very nice and humble.
Food & drinks: Supereb
Rooms: 5/5 | Service: 5/5 | Location
HOTEL WHITE YAK,DARJEELING
Vacation | Family
We were there in this hotel for 3 days in March and it was a lovely experience. All the staffs are very friendly and helpful. We took room number 210 and the view was beautiful. We recommend this hotel very much and we will visit again.
Vacation | Family
Very quiet place in Kalimpong just before Deolo park phatak. Very well managed by college pass out kids. Rooms are very spacious and well maintained. Both dinner and breakfast was very good. Team is very polite and serve your request in time.
Read More or Post A Review Here